View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 15:17   #33
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: [Round 22] Terran success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The ranger is a complete puzzle to me. ... eitrades with rangers eagerly sending them in hopes of dragons and wyverns.
Rangers are not as good as the stats suggest because the combat engine cuts their effectiveness in half. This is why they appear better then zik ships. It does appear given their purpose even with the 50% reduction in effectiveness given by the combat engine they are too strong overall and too tempting for etd to build because of the big advantage they give. Even if I had cut their effectiveness by another 50% they still would have been built en mass, because they are 0 loss, but it might have helped terrans be more willing to land against rangers.

As for your comment on statistical 'reasonableness' I consider being within two standard deviations of the center of the bell curve to be reasonable, especially given how poorly terrans are doing, which skews the stats in favor of every other race.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote