View Single Post
Unread 25 Dec 2013, 21:20   #32
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Feedback requested: Covert Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Secondly, and I'm not sure how to call this, but your argument perfectly shows the issue: if everyone were to buy Guards, Covops would be completely useless. So, in a perfect world where everyone would follow your brilliant suggestion, we'd be left with a page that does nothing but drain the universe's resources. One might argue that it's an aspect of the game where you figure out how few guards you need to scare off hostile ops, personally I don't care for it.
Nonsense. 90% of the universe is already immune or close enough to be too risky to cov op. What real cov oppers do, is feed on the bottom 10%, mostly inactive players, and redistribute those resources/ships to active players.

The resources stealing part of cov ops was already nerfed once, and the tech needed moved further back in the tree. While I have argued before that cov ops were too strong, we're probably at a pretty good place now because of a combination of less resources capped and less people to cov op. It would need a complete rework if we changed more now, because it's already pretty terrible to go any other race than cath for cov opping.

I like that the ship cov op has allowed non-dedicated cov oppers some fun, but it has also resulted in an increase of guards/sec centres in the universe. Personally though, I was hit with between 10 and 15 hostile cov ops this round, not really a lot. Generally you're fine with alert in the mid 70's to stop 20 man ops, if someone starts targeting you with 5 or 10 man hacks, use pop to defend against it.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote