Thread: Fort Gals
View Single Post
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 19:47   #4
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Fort Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
So to all you guys for it: Why are you for it? How does it help the game?
I like playing with my friends, and I like playing with people I know I can rely on not only in that they won't **** up, but that they will help me when I need it. I don't have the time or energy to want to meet new people any more.

Quote:
1. It makes it much harder for new players to get rolling. I've had many newbie gal members join the game, then almost a week later leave it realizing they were at GREAT disadvantage on top of being new to the game.
What has this got to do with fortress galaxies? Explain your point better. Ultimately, I don't think random galaxies or smaller buddypacks will affect this. The top players will help out those newbies that are active, but why should they bother helping those that can't be bothered to play? Removing or reducing fortress galaxies won't change this.

Quote:
2. The meta game has turned into attack recall, attack recall... this is so ****ing boring it nearly makes my nose bleed thinking about it. I know other factors contribute to this dilemma, but this is certainly one of them.
This has very little to do with fortress galaxies, and will hopefully be changed with the switch to more offensive single targetting stats. Also, most people mean politics when they talk about the meta game, what you're talking about is most definitely the game proper.

Quote:
3. More fleets. The past few rounds i've seen fort gals have 3 to 5 more planets than most galaxies. Considering that most fort gals are extremely active... 9 to 15 more fleets is an incredible advantage over say the 10 planet quasi-fort gal. Late joins shouldn't be allowed IMO, it only makes overpowered gals, even more overpowered.
These numbers are just plain wrong. The exile mechanics just won't let this happen. Regarding late joins, I don't think they were used in the way originally intended, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Personally I have exams for the first two weeks of the round, so the opportunity to late join is a real appeal to me, I'm sure you can imagine plenty of other similar situations. Yes late joins will be a more significant boost for the top galaxies, but it's only speeding up what would have happened inevitably through the exile mechanics to be honest.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote