View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2006, 14:39   #63
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Football] Portugal vs Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
That goal was Kanu's fault - a player who had only recently arrived in the country from Inter. He simply wasn't aware of the expectation to pass the ball back to Sheffield United. Overmars just prodded the ball home and decided to wait and see what happened (although at best he receives the benefit of the doubt)

Don't forget that Wenger offered to replay the match. I doubt Portugal - Holland will be replayed, for health and safety reasons if nothing else.
Kanu crossed the ball for Overmars who was at full tilt getting into the box for the pass. Kanu didnt exactly MAKE Overmars put the ball in the box now did he. I always wondered to be honest why everyone blamed Kanu for it, when in actual fact Overmars was the person who should of been blamed. Its the Dutch i tell ya, bad sports all round
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote