View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2016, 10:09   #26
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: How many races should their be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Interesting idea, but I'm not really feeling it. I see 2 main problems: 1) How can the means of income you list (attacking salvage, cargo ships) ever compete with your standard 1k roids, core4, 60 FCs, 50 refs top 100 tot planet that's gaining 153k value a day? 2) You say the race doesn't have roids, why would planets choose to defend against them, if they can just spend their stocks adn hide their ships instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
because new race steals structures and gets the effect of the structures x5 to make up for no roids
and new race has OP covoping. In that the success ratio is the same, but new race gets x5 bonus when completing a covop
1) The entire point is they don't need to keep up. The race is ment to be a thorn in the side of these top planets. They can focus solely on attacking, don't need defships and can actually steal ALOT of res from these top planets

The goal is to spread the fleets over multiple targets where they can deal considerable losses (think: 5-6 ticks of income for each wave landing?) rather then grabbing 500 roids from 1 2k planet. This way with enough effort you could actually still cause said top planet to gain no income for 24hours straight, but he atleast has a chance to cover some of your waves, even if the first one manages to land.

2) Hiding ships takes 8 ticks - what if my alliance sends a wave 2?

3) Having ships in prod means there is half-finished ships and stocks of resources in these factories. Those could be mine, if I only tried to actually get them!

Last edited by Appocomaster; 29 Sep 2016 at 15:53.
berten is offline   Reply With Quote