View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2018, 14:03   #28
cepe
ÜberHamster

cepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fleet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
2 rounds ago was the XP madness round, where most alliances completly abandoned defence. And only reason Xan did well was because most universe went xan and farmed XP. Look back at rankings and see how often and how many Xans compete for top value... Their RP output just doesn't allow them to be competitive.
That round was an outlier indeed, but it may still be useful as a sample..

For example;
the planet with highest value in top 10, and also Xan, did not even make top 200 in value - in fact only 3 Xan planets managed to rank in top 100 on both Score and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Rather than focus on that minor imbalance, focus on helping improve the stats instead (which I know you already do), where apparently much larger imbalances still exist.
While i do agree that any attempts at reaching some form of balance is best focused on stats im less inclined to agree that the viability of going value for Xan is a balance issue in the first place.
The reverse holds true, that it would be a factor to balance around and as such an issue for balance, but at the bottom its still a matter of options and choices within the game (not by default equal, but being more than theoretical at least).

At this point i personally chose* to remain cautiously optimistic towards any changes that promotes options for diversity within the individual races.

*meaning i know that it might very well end up biting me in the ass