View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2009, 08:32   #45
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post

I mean, what I'm getting here is you didn't think you could win early on, realised late on you could and instead of taking a chance and making a decision that only might win you the round you went ahead and did nothing and lost it anyways. If you genuinely didn't think it was worth pursuing that's different, nobody criticises the alliance DC for not also having the #1 planet. No offence isil but this post makes you look worse than the block. At least they have their immense streak of failure to fall back on as their reason for not even bothering to try.
Basically, I atleast, was under the belief that several alliances was going to have full tags this round, and seeing as Asc was very far from that when ticks got under way(I personally wanted us to have a smaller tag this round) I was hoping we could go the "DLR route" this round with about 40 members in tag cruising through the round. As it turned out though we did end up in a fight, not only because people always think Asc have a strong enough playerbase to win, but also because few other alliances really had full tags either(Apprime f.ex was pretty much the same as us) meaning that we were suddenly a big threat to whoever was going for the round win.

Im not gonna write a whole lot about what happened next, I think most of it has been written about by others, but I think there are a few key reasons for why Apprime ended the round so much more strongly than we did and thus also won clearly;

* Apprime had alot less incs than Asc last half of the round(I'm guessing this is due to the block wanting Asc not to win, i mean, we had alot less roids than App at this point)
* Apprime recruited quite a few high ranking capable players from other alliances midround, something we didn't really do(a very few exceptions).
* Our activity level in general was not high enough, we had some very stupid crashes in our fortress gals, and we never really got a attacking momentum going(primarily because, imo, people really couldn't be assed this round).

So. in hindsight, there might be some grand plan that means we end up winning, but overall i really don't see (m)any in Asc really caring for the top ally rank this round and thus it would probably have taken someone stepping up to a immense degree in order to get the whole alliance going.

edit: This is my own views, I'm not speaking on behalf of Asc or anything just so that's clear..