Thread: Books
View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 02:16   #13
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
D
22. Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
Still not Harry Potter. Not read.
Winnie-the-Pooh was the high-point of mans achievements. After it was written, everybody else should just have stopped writing. It would have saved society a lot of needless effort of trying to duplicate its pure quality.

(only read the Norwegian version though, and the writer who translated it, Thorbjørn Egner, was a genious)

Besides Winnie-the-pooh, Brave New World was decent, Hitchikers Guide to Galaxy is obviously ace. Tolkien had some qualities as a writer too. Catch 22 was decent. Other than that I've started a fair few of the books on that list, and tossed them all away.

Lists like these tend to be just as much 'books which made an impact on me when I was young and impressionable' as anything else though.. toss in a bit 'books who crossed genres and were very exciting at the time, but really quite shit now, especially since everybody moved on except the people* writing these lists' for good measure too.

* I hate list-writing people. They're mentally unstable and scary.. and they control society

Last edited by hyfe; 8 Aug 2006 at 02:25.
hyfe is offline   Reply With Quote