View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 04:03   #5
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
no, i do believe that is the point exactly. this is exactly the same sort of thing as the gal fund abuse. its a bug, it was abused, it was corrected , those abusing it got punished
simple as that
Being pedantic its not actually a bug.

The gal fund one was a bug because something unintended happened with the limit being circumvented.

This however is not a bug, due to the fact that scanning gives score. Just because they scanned repeatingly doesnt make it a bug. There are rounds gone by where using a certain ship type was much better than anything else - was that a bug? No, it was a flaw with the game balance.

While I applaud game balance being addressed, you can't really say this was a bug imo. An imbalance that is now corrected.

I do agree with the score being removed from the people who were canny enough to find this. But I also feel they should be refunded the resources.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote