View Single Post
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 10:13   #50
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haer View Post
It really isn't - there is nothing interesting about doing nothing for 2 months.
The planet the OP was complaining about certainly did not do nothing for 2 months, nor did he have no interaction with others. Just because you think that he must have been bored, or would be bored yourself with his style of play doesn't mean he was. Fact of the matter is, the oldskool value style play this game has had requires a lot of time from someone, be it yourself or the one who picks your targets/arranges your def/calcs your attacks. However, a lot of the people on here seem to be complaining because someone found a way to achieve high rankings without putting in all that time and are now annoyed that they did, whilst a simple glance over the stats page could have showed them an offensive playstyle would have fit this rounds stats (especially with the unlimited number of MC's). The top XP players adapted to this perfectly, but as you can see from 'HueHue Faceless' alliance rank you see that it doesn't work alliance wide.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying XP isn't flawed atm, claiming it is broken is one step too far tho. At best it is overpowered because the shipstats are so horridly offensive, just like valueplay has been overpowered for at least 56 rounds. As such i think the introduction of MC's has been a good one, however, this round shows that it probably needs a limit on the amount you can build, or a stricter limit to the amount of XP you can get from one attack. The problem lies in the fact that it will be impossible to find a balance in this as the effectiveness of XP is so closely related to the nature of the shipstats. IE, offensive stats, like this round, should have a lower limit than defensive stats for things to be balanced.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote