Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2008, 00:07   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i reported somebody for making a racist comment on the forums a couple of weeks ago, as far as iam aware said person is still posting on these forums.
Was it horn?

If so he was banned, not a severe ban as he was trying to be funny and stepped over the line but he was given a ban (plus warnings that if he wasn't careful he would find the ban being longer). As I have said here context and tone is important when it comes to racism. I know alot of do gooders seem to think that its racism if you say anything that could be considered slightly negative BUT thats not being racist. Its only racist if the context and tone make it so. A swastika is not racist, a picture of the KKK is not racist, the St Georges cross is not racist, the N word is not racist (despite it being blocked here), an attempt at humour/satire is not racist. They only become racist if used as in a racist context and tbh anyone who takes offence to any of these things or the millions of other such things needs to grow thicker skin and stop being so petty because if we keep going down this PC path we wont be able to say or do anything incase we offend someone. And ultimately it only hinders the battle against real racism and imho actually increases racism by increasing resentment against ethnic minorities

Interesting PATeam weren't bothered about the racism in that post. They were more concerned with the fact that Lokken made a light hearted reply and the fact that I had the cheek to take 7 hours away from the forums to do PAID work. Go figure
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 9 Nov 2008 at 00:29.