Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2008, 00:43   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I can't believe you people are comparing racism to an uncaptioned photograph of a KKK ritual. To say I view it as moronic is an understatement.

Anyone who censors that photo is no better than a squealing fundamentalist raging at the publication of a caricature of their God. It actually makes me more than a little annoyed to see the genuine issue of racism in our society reduced to this shit.
The first photo isn't as far as I'm concerned racist. It could however be used in a racist manner and for me it would come down to the context it was used in.

As a galaxy image I think you would have to delete it as it could come across racist in the context that a galaxy image imposes. A caption however might change and soften the negative context.

On the forums, in the way you used it however I don't believe it is racist in the slightest. As such I would have left it personally
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew