View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2005, 20:23   #46
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Next Gen Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's an utterly invalid comparison. Sega's failure is generally regarded as being down to releasing the new iteration of console far too swiftly after the previous one - and of course, that it was losing money hand over fist from the Saturn onwards.

The Gamecube, although underwhelming in sales terms, still made a profit for Nintendo. They also have an absolutely enormous amount of money banked away.

Saying that Nintendo can plausably cease producing console hardware after the next generation isn't something that's really backed up by the information that's available to us.
it was a bad comparison but it wasn't exactly what i meant. My point was more that it will be what sees it fall back into third place completely; the main gimmick of the Revolution appears to be that it is small, but since it's not actually portable I don't see this as being an effective selling point. Furthermore, the PSP will almost certainly hammer the DS into oblivion, meaning Nintendo's traditional fort of handheld games is also ceded to Sony. Hopefully they'll go into cross-platform game development, as Sega did, in not too long: healthy for them if they start to make losses, healthy for gamers. Everything hinges on the Revolution and i suspect there won't be any ace up the sleeve other than making it little.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote