View Single Post
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 08:43   #35
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Blue's Stats Discussion

I dont have a problem with lots of ships, and despite Cochese's comment I dont think most others do either. They just think that a lot of these ships wont actually be used. I personally think it at least gives people an extra option but it does cause problems such as being a pitfall for new players/those who don't understand the stats.

For example with Etd you clearly expect the Distributator (what's with the name? We cant even shorten it to Dist!) and the Executive to be alliance defence. And it is quite likely that alliances will see that to. But for the actual Etd player why build either? If they want to stop Fi incs they need to build investors so why should they invest in a second ship to do the same job less well? If they want to stop Bs incs they will probably be building Pedlars because they fire before both Bs fleets and kill things rather than just emping them... with the added bonus that both of these are in what will probably be most etd's main attack fleet.

P.S. why explain things to individuals over IRC when it may just mean you have to explain them multiple times? I agree with Truhatred on Cents - Terrans in your stats need flack, why would someone build a ship that cant be flacked? I could see a benefit if it was at alliance def eta but it is not so you cant even rely on flack coming from your alliance. The ship would probably be better off as a Corvette despite phants hitting it T1 instead of T2. This would slightly help another problem that there is comparatively little anti fi alliance eta def possible. The Beetle will be in attack fleets, as is the corsair which leaves the exec which as mentioned probably wont be built in sufficient numbers.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 26 Jul 2014 at 08:48.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote