View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2010, 09:20   #23
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lokken: is he shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
I can´t agree with Hanzi. I usually enjoy reading Lokkens posts, they´re well thought through and usually interesting summaries with a touch of nasty humor and slapping people around with the obvious.

As to alliance achievements: While Apprime certainly is a top quality alliance, to me they´re still the (let´s reuse the picture here) "young kid" looking for fame. They´ve had some well played round wins (credit where it is due!), but they still lack some achievements Asc got on the scoreboard. Total domination like in r28, fighting an alliance like Omen r30 (slightly lacking quality but made up by durability), backed by the whole active universe, having rules and game mechanics changed because of your tactics. That´s the slim difference between a top alliance and an (almost?) historical one. The impact you had on the game, which is not just mesaured by the number of roundwins.
I dont know what you put in total domination, but round 28 you had no opponents. Round 35 was surely a total domination by Apprime, and comparable considering the opposition, dont you think?

Both being in omen round 30 (5 days hurrah), and then fighting omen round 30 with Ascendancy, i know this from the inside. Fighting P3nguins in round 32 was certainly comparable to Omen in round 30.

If you talk about the nerfing of fortress galaxies, then you are clearly taking too much credit. This one must be shared between asc and apprime, as neither is any better then the other at building strong pure gals.
And what happened last round, when fortress gals were supposed to be impossible/harder to create? Apprime successfully created them anyways. Resulting in round 36 being private gals, so everyone could make "fortresses" without any effort or thinking. Coincidence? Then i must say the changing of xp-formula after round 16 was a coincidence as well.
1 point to Apprime and half a point to ascendancy, for the changes in game mechanics to nerf fortress gals.

Lets also talk about the defense system, and the changes in game mechanics we had here. If you remember round 34, which was the last round we could defend whoever we wanted to. Apprime was fighting multiple alliances way before Ascendancy even smelled war, more precisely around 700 ticks into the game. Facing new problems with the support planet rule, thanks to the opposition consisting of mainly CT/ND/SUBH/DLR/ND. They all defended eachother, without caring about the support planet rule, which was very clear on how much defense you were allowed to send outside your alliance/gal. Apprime met no sympathy among the multihunters, and the multihunters answer was they would monitor the fleet movements, and give warnings to people who broke it. A warned planet would not be allowed to defend anyone else then his/hers own alliance/gal. A week later, no warnings were issued.
Now i do know App/asc/vision worked together later this round, but the pressure on the multihunters, the hundreds of newsscans used to document breaking of the support planet rule, the actual dedication into forcing the multihunters to do something about it, was all Apprime. This resulted in a hardcoded change, leaving the support planet pretty much impossible to break.

So you see Apprime is getting there, having played 4 rounds, won 3 of them, actively contributed to changes in game mechanics, total domination in round35. We will see where this ends, but clearly Apprime have proved my now that Ascendancy cant simply pull the "we would have won if we tried" card on Apprime.