Thread: Update
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 14:24   #32
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Update

What has been changed about the new player experience to give new players a positive experience in the game? I'm concerned that you're trying to advertise the game to gain more users, yet they'll still have gameplay issues to face which will drive them away.

I've got visions of new players signing up and getting confused because there is nothing ingame to guide them through the setup of their planet. Will they get their constructions right? Will they manage to build an attack fleet which is suitable for their race? Will they ever get scans if they don't have an alliance? Will they figure out a bcalc? Will they even survive in their galaxy? Can they figure out IRC if they've never used it before? Are they going to get exiled?

I suppose they're at least going to have a fancy new design to look at, but I really don't think it's enough.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote