View Single Post
Unread 5 Mar 2012, 09:26   #44
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jagex - Ominously silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
The prelaunch change was an excellent change for the game, but not a good change for the current player base. To many of the euro players have lives and don't like having to set an alarm to launch in the middle of the night. If the change had been kept I think roughly 1/3 of the current active player base would have quit. Not a big deal if the game is growing, but given the current PA climate it would have been pretty disastrous.

Hopefully at some point PA will grow again (hey I can be an optimist if I want!) and then perhaps the reduction in prelaunch will be considered again.
and again, this is a problem which really dosent exist. There were prolly a few ppl that quit due to this and thats kinda it. You cant please everyone, every change makes negative emotions to at least some ppl, which is just a basic psyhology.

Euro ppl did not have to wake up during night. I live in Europe and I woke up zero times during nights..

The reason for the PL change was to change the way ppl play this game. To spread the attacks more around the clock and move it away from the 04-07:00 game time action.

There were some ppl whining about it, as it seemed unbelivebly cruel to them that they were not able to launch at 04:00 game time nmore, while aussies and usa ppl could. But it was not about it, it was about making them rather use other times to attack, get their alliances to support it by doing morning raids, etc..

Then there were alliances that just gave up and didnt even try, which is sad, but nothing to do about it.. Maybe in the next round they would have had their shit together and managed to deal with it?

Now we dont know, since for some idiotic reason the change was switched back, and everything goes on the same way again..

im not sure if most of u follow, but the thing that kills this game is the fact that PA stands in the same place round after round after round.. ppl get bored and thats it. Simple.. and when its tryed to change then its ovbious that ppl will moan a bit, yet they will most probably adapt.. thats what ppl do.