View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2010, 13:17   #346
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
The only comparison that makes sence is with Martinez. I also didn't claim Xabi to be the best shooting midfielder aye.
And also the comparison that elaborates how dramatically better Javier Martinez is not only at putting things on goal but also finding the net.

Quote:
If he's that horrific, why does allmost every ball from the 2nd line go to him? If I were a striker and I can't shoot and I know Xabi sucked, wouldn't I attempt to shoot regardless mmm?
Because of how Spain plays. Iniesta and Xavi are both really, really shy shooting. Spain builds up game really slow, which means, that typically, by the time they're near the box, their striker(s) are marked tight. Fast attacks for Spain are really rare. This means, that you either have to play it down the flanks and cross (typically only Ramos has played the flank), or play it back on the box and shoot.

In all honesty, though, of Spain's 89 shots, 12 have been Xabi Alonso's. 8 are Iniesta's. 23 are David Villa's. 8 are Sergio Ramos'. It comes to me, having watched them play, and reading the statistics, down really difficult to understand where you get your arguments from - if we've even watched the same games.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm biassed.
The problem is that arguing with someone who is so hugely biased that he is prepared to refuse any and all (including objective) evidence based on his anecdotal views gets pretty boring at some point.

Quote:
Comparing Xabi Alonso with Fabregas is like comparing Casillas with Messi.
See like this. You create absolutely obnoxious hyperboles just because facts created by your imagination can't stand daylight, and then you go aggressive and outright retarded because you simply can't stand the argument that Xabi Alonso mostly just shoots hard, with less of an interest in where the shot goes.

Quote:
his mail job is... shooting from the 2nd line.
Incidentally, shooting from the 2nd line is NOT where Fabregas scores most his goals from? Incidentally, Fabregas himself calls Guardiola the player he is trying to be like.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote