View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 13:29   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Dynamic salvage - a way to retain players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I agree with this and you are right. The reason for my argument of salvage when attacking was to produce this idea as more of a learning technique to building good fleets and recognising defence (and when it is fake). However, you were right in saying that they are more likely to lose ships at home.
I can see where you are coming from, and i also agree that it needs work in that area. Hopefully, my Fleet guides and/or in-game (at the very least, links and instructions) to Battlecalculators will also go along way to recognising the nuances in building good strong effective fleets.

As for spotting fake defence, i think that only comes with time. Even i dont know when a defence is fake, though i can tell when it was fake after i have been contacted on IRC to recall and inform the defender that i was trained in hirr (long ago) and suddenly that def was recalled and 40 more fleets are launched .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote