View Single Post
Unread 24 Jan 2007, 10:38   #90
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: zik dying 1:1 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
This was the point I made - I almost wish I hadn't bothered. I suppose I shouldn't have expected it to be well received in a thread which has been dominated by the pro-Zik faction.
So any playing style you dislike is 'abuse', and any disagreement with your point of view comes from a conspiratorial 'faction'...

Besides, if you think 'bashing' was bad in the past, I am very curious to know what effect you expect to see from the current stats. There are now zero-loss-before-firing stealing possibilities (for example, Rogues steal FI but not FI can fire at a Rogue). The damage efficiency is also way up on anything Zik (or any race) has had in the past. If you're unlucky enough to get into combat with a Zik, you're going to take heavy losses. Of course, the Zik will lose a lot too, and will probably want to avoid those risky, complex situations where they might end up stealing the wrong kind of ships. Best to stick to fleet catches and hitting inactives whose fleet composition can be more easily guaranteed...

I suspect that Zik will be a major factor in deterring large alliance battles, simply because they pack far too much of a punch for their cost. It is, to an extent, mutually assured destruction: the Zik loses as much as he gains, and more often than not will be left with a bunch of ships much less useful than the ones he started with, whilst the Zik's opponent will take horrendous losses. The ultimate result is that neither side is happy - the consequence of the 'levelling down' approach to 'balance'.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”

Last edited by ComradeRob; 24 Jan 2007 at 10:46.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote