View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 17:37   #21
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: two additional ship types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
'bullying' my god you are such a moron, he pointed out the fundamental flaw in the idea if the current combat was to stay the same. Also he was asking questions about the idea, and how he would expect it to work against the current combat engine.
There are always going to be 'fundamental flaws' in *any* idea presented, if you then take a position of 'the never changing combat engine', or the 'never changing stats' or 'never changing' anything else.

Its not even a case where you and I can argue over the combat engine. At the very end, the idea sat on Appoco's desk will be one they like the look of, and be something 'do-able'.

In terms of 'Super ships fail by default', now posted twice, real constructive (sarcasm off), but stupid. The whole game is riddled by 'superships', usually 'balanced through the races'. Each race has ships that one way or another can have a devastating effect, and other ships that are lemon alike in their level of totally useless-ness, and friday afternoon stat build.

How the hell is a vessel that has *maybe* more armour, or firepower a supership anyway. In the end, its just another class of vessel, with its own stats, and a counter vessel with stats, and a modifier in terms of what might happen in use, with a -/+ side for the winner/loser. And in limited numbers too.

But you know, superships fail by default, so I guess the whole stats, and current combat engine are one huge fubar (Sarcasm on.)