Thread: Googleearth
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 12:43   #33
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Googleearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
In my shallow and judgemental worldview I simply equatete "learning disability" with 'stupid'. I could be wrong.
To be honest I don't think you’re totally wrong on that. We live in somewhat of a "blame culture" currently and are always looking for something to blame our faults on rather than admitting they are our faults.

Dyslexia and ADHD for example seem to be the current "in" thing to explain why people are either no switched on academically or are badly behaved. The amount of people getting diagnosed with either is going through the roof and it seems pretty easy to get such a diagnosis. Infact I seem to recall someone posted a link to a ADHD test on the next and almost all of us whom took it showed signs of having ADHD.

Now while I have no doubt that there is infact a real case for both Dyslexia and ADHD being real conditions, I just cant buy into the believe that suddenly there’s been a mass outbreak of people suffering these conditions. In alot of cases its simple down to parenting and social factors (Many cases of Dyslexia for example are clearly down to a lack of contact with the English language early on and the lack of any empathies being put on education while many ADHD are down to a lack of discipline and cries for help plus also studies show diet can be the cause) and it’s a shame because that cant be doing much to help those with real cases as its wasting resources and screwing up studies on people whom are just “stupid” rather than putting the focus in the right places
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote