View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2016, 23:59   #16
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Change of buddypack system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I rather dislike the notion of changing the game mechanics solely to harm one alliance. :/
I agree.

But I dont think this would harm Ult over any other alliance. It would simply be a change in how everyone does things and I see no reason why ult should not adapt to that as well as anyone else.

I think the biggest merit of the proposal is that it is an easy change. BP sizes are not sacrosanct - indeed they regularly get changed so an alteration to smaller bps is probably something pretty easy to do. For all it is a pretty small change it could have a big impact.

I think both suggestions made; merging two small bps, or just having one small bp have benefits, and I would prefer either to having the current setup every round.

Merging two bps seems to me the more conservative choice; galaxies would be a similar size to now. They would be more difficult to make forts out of. However as RexDrax says some galaxies are sure to end up being the same powerhouses as usual. It would still have advantages:
1, mixing up alliances so creating new political dynamics.
2, encouraging people out of their safe bps!
3, stop it being the same few unforted gals that take all the hits at the start of the round.

RexDrax's suggestion of one small bp per gal is a bigger change, and one that would need greater thought and discussion as the the consequences. Presumably with a bp of 2 galaxies would likely only be 4 or 5 strong. This makes them much less effective as a fallback defensive position. Some benefits:
1, many more galaxies.
2, forts would exist but would be very different due to their small size.
3, as with above this would create new political dynamics.
However there are also more obvious disadvantages such as it would clearly be bad news for anyone who is not in an alliance and plays for their galaxy.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote