View Single Post
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 01:32   #15
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: getting rid of fake nicking in galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
K-W:

From my experience, players that fake nick are generally pretty reserved when it comes to general chat, they might be great to talk to about Thrud's new battlecalc but that doesn't do much for the galaxy if it's Almeida telling me he's a girl from Australia.
Indeed I am hestant to say I am from NYC when asked because there arent many NYC planetarion players and this can put a crimp in coversations. There are other popular topics of conversation that are hindered similarly. That said, many topics of general chat dont identify you as an individual, you just have to wait until later in the round to discuss some things. Not ideal I suppose, but it shouldnt keep anyone from engaging thier galaxy.

In my experience PA veterans as a whole arent chatty in gal channels, fake nick or no, because they do most of their chatting with friends in ally/bg/social channels, that or they've learned to only show up when action happens and are off doing something else the rest of the time.

To me the bottom line is that if a player wants to be social and wants to put effort into organizing and getting to know his/her galaxy, fake nicks dont stand in the way(cases of technical issues aside). I think the real problem is that many experienced players cant be bothered to make new friends or organize anything because they dont want to. I think we should place the responsibility on players choosing not to engage thier galaxy, not on the fake nicks they use while doing so.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 9 Sep 2006 at 01:47.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote