View Single Post
Unread 24 Jan 2015, 14:26   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Custom scanning groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I've never been a huge fan of the scanning UI. The fairly regular requests for galaxy, alliance or custom scan interfaces indicate to me that the current scan interface does not fulfill its purpose. And that's really no wonder. Separate input boxes for X, Y and Z coords, and a dedicated line for each scan, that's pretty verbose, and the limit of "one scan per set of coords" makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking. An input box that allows you to enter any number of coords (for example "1:2:3 4 5 6 7.8.9" or "3:4:*", support any non-alphanumerical delimited separating X, Y and Z), along with 8 checkboxes that allow you to select the scan types (plural) you wish to do. This would also remove the need for custom galaxy or alliance scanning interfaces.

[Edit] I'm far too nice for this world: https://i.imgur.com/Qo9XZSe.png
We'll try and have some sort of advanced interface to do something like this in the next round or two