View Single Post
Unread 18 Feb 2015, 18:01   #427
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Let's say you take a 60 man alliance with a 6 man hc team, and break it down to 3 20 man tags/alliances. What do you think the odds are that those 3 tags will be ruled by someone from the old HC, and that they'll cooporate tightly in future rounds? Thing is, you can't make a fresh alliance without fresh people or new constellations. For what i consider a new alliance to emerge, you rely on equal amount of members from either side of the current powerhouses, and that only happends when one of both sides disband at the same time(wich won't happend). This means(for a game with a decreasing playerbase) that you rely on people like mm, gm, agar3s, zwanstic, monroe, clouds, munkee, santa, bbutcher, nelito, cardi etc to actually step down permanently and let someone not indoctrinated with all the old blood take over. And the likelyhood of that happening is close to none existant. These people feel a responsibility(or an obligation if you will) to their own piece of the community to provide a "home" for their kin.

Let's face it. For good or for bad; this is planetarion and without a complete change of the game itself or it's playerbase, this is how planetarion will be for the rest of it's life. There will allways be bad rounds or good rounds(depending on where you stand politically), but it's not static. It actually hasn't been static since someone won 3-4 rounds in a row through domination.
It's pretty hard to play for fun with the tag size limits as they are. You're speaking from a purely elite perspective.

I would much rather the game brought some of the fun back into it by giving people to opportunity to play for fun by being able to create smaller tags with a group of friends, even taking on some others who are either new or returning to the game...without them being turned into farms.

The only way i see this happening is by a severe cut in the ally tag limits., because the mods aren't willing to make significant changes to the game. They've shown this for countless rounds. I probably wont be signing up again next round and if I do it'd be just an exceedingly idle planet again. Pointless really.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote