View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 11:07   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Make a big change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
another idea: give a cluster to each registered alliance with 50 members minimum, with 10 galaxies to populate... smaller alliances are grouped in other clusters if they chose to.
Not getting how this is any different to private gals really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Why are we talking about the multy planets as if they were in the same gal? Spread them out, that way they only have the alliance tick advantage to minimise 'support rule'-edness, although I'd limit it to 3 planets myself rather than a galfull 10. I'd also code it so the planets can't farm each other, can't def/attack same planet same tick or something, just my 2 pence
Because it gets really gay trying to explain this to a new player and is, basically, just pretty annoying. Sign up, get a galaxy, do with it what you will, that's a fairly straightforward tag line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeylove
However I do like this only two allies per gal idea, how would exiling work though? Only people from one of the two allies can exile in? Or there is no exiling?
I also like it. However considering the nature of this thread unless someone can explain it in 2 lines which require no coding work I'd ask that it get discussed in its own suggestion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch
Instead of ten planets, why not just let people have 25 or 30 fleet slots and increase resources by a factor of 10? I don't love either idea, but that would be easier than having 10 planets.
Er, realistically that's just having more fleet slots. The main point of the other thing is you get different types of fleets (different races etc) and different planets (places where your roids need to be defended)

Quote:
If they removed buddy packs and banned exiling, I probably wouldn't play. It's so much more fun to be in a galaxy full of active people. I've spent a lot of nights crossdeffing until the wee hours of the morning, and those were the most fun nights of this game. That doesn't happen in a galaxy full of noobs.
I'm not a fan of banning exiling myself and I really would encourage anyone who thinks this is a sufficiently big change to reinvigorate the playerbase to get the **** out of my thread with their painfully pedestrian concerns. Nonetheless random galaxies would not just be dead places. There are probably 250 active players in the t20 galaxies, even ignoring everyone else below that that's still between 2 and 3 active players per gal. You'd just get less concentration of talent in the top galaxies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
I sugested a system where people would be in control of their on galaxies... up to 5 planets. Providing they go through the "exploration" branch.
All interaction could be ok if the score is based on the planets average.
Interface wouldn't be very difficult to do... 5 tabs on every page (with the possibility to change the planets names).

Another completely different idea to bring some fresh air into the game would be for every alliance to designate a list of 5 champions among their members... roiding them would bring more XP to the attackers, keeping them in top 50 would bring bonuses to the alliance.
Would change things a bit but would also, I imagine, require a bit of coding work and is pretty unlikely to actually get done (not that anything here is likely to get done as pateam read this forum about once a decade).

If you're really interested in seeing a significant change to the game next round please point the people in charge in the direction of this thread.