Thread: No more IRC
View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2017, 02:53   #27
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: No more IRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
I was using IRC last week and a colleague came up behind me and said 'OH ARE YOU PROGRAMMING? WOW THAT LOOKS IMPRESSIVE'

It evidently isn't user friendly and is only used by PA as a ghost of a long and historic legacy.

It's easy looking from our own perspectives of years of using this comms platform to say it's fine and most of the functionality is available through IRC, but it isn't convenient and it isn't welcoming.

A transition to a different platform would be easy enough, it would just require buy-in from all the alliances and the PA team. Change is very possible and healthy, it just requires buy-in from the top and some clear benefits to the user.

If we are serious about keeping this community going into the future, it should be a consideration.
I dont realy get what you want?
You DONT have to use IRC now days, very few(if any) alliance uses it as their only communication channel.

Ultores and Faceless use whatsapp(wich sadly dont allow bots/scripting).
Black-Flag, NewDawn, Apprime use slack.
CT, BowS, p3ng, KittyCatz(?) use telegram.

I think p3nguins provides IRC/telegram relay for their members galaxies, atleast BowS did.
A lot of gals use WA for gal communication now days aswell.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is online now   Reply With Quote