Thread: Round 39 Stats
View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2010, 14:45   #33
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 39 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I can't see how making Pegs and Banshees fire simultaneously can be viewed as not weakening Xan Fi "that much".

Has anyone done any calcs on Terran De fleets attacking vs Xan Fi and vice versa? I suspect that Xan will come out worst in both cases - but I'd love to be wrong (in this instance).

<Edit> Having Etd ETA 7 anti Fi EMP defence available isn't likely to help the Xan Fi cause either - although I'd only just noticed that Cath doesn't have ETA 7 anti Fi ships.

<Edit 2> I've also just noticed that the two lowest init kill ships are both non-Xan and that there are a further three non-Xan ships which fire at the same init as the lowest Xan ships. I think it's time to stop pretending that one of Xan's "advantages" is having ships which fire earlier than their opponents. The "paper thin" armour still seems to be a feature though.
Xan still have their cloaked ability and their low eta though...

In my opinion the change to the pegasus, the bansh and the voyagers helps xans. Although xans will now struggle to attack Terrans they now have the ability to attack etd's instead. ADDITIONALLY, Xan teamups now become a lot stronger since you have the opportunity to send a emp fleet along, this is because before the recent change to the voyager no matter how big a etd and xan teamup you sent you would only need a very small amount of defence due to the defence shooting at the same time as the attackers. No matter if the attack was 4mil value or 40mil value the same amount of defships would be needed to stop it (probably about 1mill value defships - unless there was a lot of xp involved of course).

Changing the voyager to emp and not changing the peg would be a bad idea because;

a) xan fico could then roid every race except themselves
b) Ter was exceptionally bad versus fico as it was, and they really needed to become better at stopping fico

Moreover, do you honestly expect a lot of people to go Ter DE this round!?