Thread: No more IRC
View Single Post
Unread 1 Aug 2017, 19:21   #61
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road
Re: No more IRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Lukey, your question had already been answered, twice, both by Pit and by me. Here it is a third time, phrased in yet another different way:

The problem is not that Telegram is insecure. The problem is that it misleads people into believing it's secure. The emphasis is on the misleading, not on the insecurity. When people think they're talking securely, they might say all kinds of things that really should remain secret.

I'm going to repeat that, to ensure no one is going to argue "but who cares about whether conversations about PA are secure or not?". Telegram is not bad because it's insecure; it's not bad because PA conversations must at all times remain secure; it's bad because it makes people believe their chats are secure when in reality they aren't. This lie might lead them to talk about other things that should remain private.
I understand the point Mz, but I don't see the relevance or concern.

What on earth are people talking about that they need to worry about it being secure? What sort of insidious weirdos do we think exist in the PA community? If anyone is talking about anything suitably nefarious to be concerned, I'd happily see their downfall. The whole security issue seems irrelevant to the entire thread.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote