Thread: Is it me...
View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2007, 06:20   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Is it me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Isn't most of South East London in Kent too ?
Bromley and Bexley were transferred from Kent to London (in terms of political adminstration) in the 60's. Parts of Bromley at least still have non-London post-codes though (BRxx or TNxx) yet most of the borough has London phone codes (except the south/eastern edges where are 01689 or 01322 I believe). A lot of the inhabitants of Bromley still refer to Bromley as Kent out of snobbery, but that's a historical remnant which might fade in time.

Towards the end of the 1800's I think Kent still included places like Lewisham - but I don't think anyone would seriously suggest these places are still part of Kent now in any meaningful sense.

In terms of distances, Orpington (the south-eastern edge of Bromley) is still closer to Camden, Hillingdon or even Watford than it is to Folkestone. Folkestone (where the tremor happened) is at least fifty miles from the edge of London as far I can tell.

</tedious>
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote