View Single Post
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 21:00   #33
neptis arcos
is back for a while

neptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these partsneptis arcos is infamous around these parts
Re: Spelling equals intelligence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
While this may only be an internet forum, which is of course a medium for communication based purely on a text format (as mentioned by T&F above), spelling and grammar should be perfected.

To make a small mistake is one thing, but to completely **** a written response in the ass, for example like neptis frequently does, is in my opinion unacceptable. You have spell check and other readers as forms of feedback. I feel that writers should have the respect and common courtesy to perfect their work, in this case a post, as much as possible for their readers, and even themselves.

If English is your native language then I feel that you have a duty to know your language to the best of your ability. It is your primary form of communication, and to not excel at something you do every day (communicate in English) is to demonstrate ignorance, a lack of respect for those around you, a lack of self respect, and it also deteriorates your image to others.

If English is not your native language, I think that to make errors can be expected and forgiven, for you have proved that you are dedicated to the learning of another form of communication. You have made an effort to learn, adapt, speak, read, write, and understand another language and this I think shows dedication and responsibility. You will be respected more by your peers for trying and making mistakes, rather than not trying at all. Even worse still, is the native speaker who has not mastered his own art.

People that cannot communicate in the generally accepted ways are considered ignorant, or different, and are usually shunned by the majority of people. I agree that a lack of spelling and grammar skills does not reflect intelligence, but I also wholeheartedly agree with jt25man when he said that it is a measure of ignorance.

How can you hope to be successful in today’s society when you cannot communicate in an accepted fashion? Such a thing cannot exist.
quazok please leave me out of this. I do not appreciate my name being used in arguments without my permission even then i do not like it
so i will ask once nicely please me out of it .

neptis
RIGHT THATS IT you idiot's do not even now what it is like to be slagged like this do you , well lets just say i will rejoice when you do you idiotic f***ers, good by. well you lot still haven't learned then have you. well you hopefully you elitist f***ers
neptis arcos is offline   Reply With Quote