View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 05:37   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Boris Johnson and the Tory Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I remember when I was in Jr. High School (grades 7-9). I was given the princely sum of $0.35 a day for lunch. For this I could choose a relatively nutritious cafateria lunch which changed from day to day, or I could spend my fortune at the snack bar.

I always chose the snack bar. I had two standard luch options.

Option 1: Cup of chili beans (10 cents), bag of potato chips (5 cents), carton of milk (5 cents) and three ice cream bars (5 cents each).

Option 2: Bag of potato chips, carton of milk and five ice cream bars.

The only variance to this diet was on days when one of the school clubs would have a bake sale. On those days I would purchase a carton of milk and six cup cakes (5 cents apiece).

While not a thin youngster, I was not morbidly obese. However, it is entirely posible that this diet may, in some small measure, have contributed to my eventual development of diabetes.

If I had it all to do over again, I wouldn't spend so much money on milk.
"I spent a lot of money on crisps, ice cream and beans. The rest I just squandered."

- dda.