View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 23:42   #10
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boris Johnson and the Tory Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
What? All he's saying is that we should give people choice and educate them to change their choices and self-regulate instead of being forced to go down the healthy options route. What he's really suggesting is that Jamie Oliver's campaign has gone too far because it has denied individual choice.
School canteens have never offered a broad menu, due to the budget and the way that food is prepared in a canteen it's infeasible. At the school I went to there was very little choice. Personally, I think that if a government is going to provide food for pupils it should provide healthy food rather than junk food.