View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:05   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
Okay, let me put this in context.

Our Downtime Procedure was placed upon the Portal 8 weeks ago after discussions which Chef has already commented upon. The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.

The main problem we encountered last downtime was that we were inconsistent with our decisions, and there were calls for a procedure to be put in place.

The main issue here is the recall of fleets, we are following the downtime procedure that has been in place now for 2 months, as Chef has said, this decision will not be overturned.
You see the problem is people don't care what your policy says because people who have planned their start on the fact that they will land attacks in this time period (a lot of players) have worked hard and are being screwed as a result. Those using Frigates or Destroyers are going to be given an especially hard time as it stands.

At a stage where one attack doubles score, it makes little sense. Infact your policy of recalling fleets makes no sense as well because it isn't necessary, as I've detailed above. What I've suggested above is perfectly fair.

By all means consult, but don't follow things because you feel you have to. Use some common sense to create a fair outcome. Sadly you haven't here, but you can fix it if you wanted. Creators who care about their game running well should be more than prepared to lose face and admit they are wrong if it means the game benefits. You're looking like certain politicians ignoring common sense to ruthlessly defend their Iraq policy here.

I am trying hard to stay calm here. I'll admit, I'm ETA 1 right now and not best pleased. But why is it that over and over again, at least once a round, I need to write lectures on common sense on here. I don't want to write these things. As someone who enjoys the game, I don't enjoy lecturing you on how it should be run.