Thread: The Ash'taari
View Single Post
Unread 22 Sep 2017, 20:06   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The Ash'taari

I like the idea of a new damage type. Just trying to think how it would be implemented.

This point needs some clarifying: "Oh, and one more thing - it returns to any class that targets it. If there are several classes attacking the certain reflective ship, the first one to shoot suffers the reflected damage, the following classes don't."

I assume you mean INIT rather than CLASS. You could have multiple classes firing at the same time, and they would all have damage reflected to them, and ships would keep firing until they died - so it should be a proportion of the damage which landed on the ships which took effect, not any overkill.

I think I'd have to do it like the steal logic - i.e. everything fires on init X, and you work out how many targeted ships die, then go back and work out proportionally how many ships of each group fired and killed, and then allocate damage back. So it is doable ... apart from the obvious steal bug which came up in this round.