View Single Post
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 11:08   #25
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Two quick demands

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
One might question why Marv acted so quickly when GD has perfectly competent mods itself, especially with the recent promotion of T&F so that we have some activity again. However, the threat of Jolt being sued for libelandslander is one we should all tremble before, despite the fact that English law applies - which contains numerous defences to actions such as those proposed by Ramihyn (cheers Yahwe).
As I explained to JJ when i PM'd him when he came on line that night, the complaint came via #support and he was initially directed to go find a mod and was told about #forums but warned it wasn't an "official" channel. When Ram couldn't seek a mod and came back having just got abuse in
#forums (which I saw - nothing very substantial) I went hunting for a GD mod myself. When I couldn't find one - only then did I make use of my abilaties to make the edit myself. As furball said I then made the ban when s|k decided to take it much further. Perm bans / lengthy ones of that sort on a non PA forum are not for me to make, so thus I made it a 1 week ban, hoping to get the message home.

I totally agree on the fact that GD should be moderated to a lesser standard, but they are on the Planetarion boards and thus represent the comunity and those that run the game. This is why the warning has apeared on the GD forum. That warning was placed there after discussion with JJ.

If this had all stayed within GD then nothing would have happened, but when a member of the comunity complains then action has to be taken, and in the absense of an official GD mod, I took the action myself rather than leave such content there for all to see.

I appologies to those i've upset by banning him, but I stand by the decision I took and won't be pulling the ban.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote