View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 11:16   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What psychological oddities do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
On a sidenote, I find the 'average people arent interested in politics/philosophy/science;/whatever' to be elitiest craptrap.
I was actually going to put a disclaimer on that, heh. Yes, you are right - although I think people are constrained terribly by the conventions you mention. Lot's of people I've talked to about politics have actually just said "Shut up, this is making me think too much" (or equivalent) in the middle of the conversation, but perhaps I talk to too many morons.

If people aren't used to exercising their brain in any substantial fashion then they often feel uncomfortable applying it. Obviously they do use their brain when they're discussing football, etc but "that's different" to them, so sort of acceptable. Without wishing to get too conspiracy theory-esque, the average education does seem to be unconsciously designed to kill any proper interest in learning/using the intellect. It's only the people who have "elite" educations with whom it's properly encouraged (and then even then, not particularly well).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote