Thread: No drama?
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2009, 19:25   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: No drama?

The attributes to finishing in a top rank are all about how much defence you get, how much help you get attackwise, how active you are, how much you don't crash and your alliance politics work out. Keeping up with research is a pretty minor factor, so I'd entertain that Light got top 5 by turning up every day, attacking every day and not getting attacked or screwing up too much.

I'd bank on the fact that continuously building research labs were ancillary to her success. The research advantage in the latter stages of her res centre building wouldn't have diminished much if you stopped building them, as you would still have a pretty solid percentage even if you stopped building them. So I can't see that many ticks being lost to be honest once you've got say 8. I can see why you might want to build res labs longer than most people do, but through the round is just wasting structures you could use for say, finance centres (where higher mining percentage would certainly make up for a slight delay in research on roids that couldn't be mined).

The fact Light finished top 5? Irrelevant. The fact Light was able to mine more roids? Well we'd be squabbling over what the gap actually was; I'd conclude that if you had stopped say close to halfway, not building research labs wouldn't have caused a significant dent. My view is that this research lab idea might have been a nice idea initially but keeping going after a while was just a waste of structures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So in conclusion, its a poor strategy for the average player like you but for those of us who are awesome.. Its a perfectly valid strategy.
Seriously, what the hell is shit like this?