View Single Post
Unread 26 Jun 2010, 16:50   #138
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PA Multihunters - Bringing back the lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I dont care if someone should of read the current rules, im arguing to change the rules as the current rules are crap.

No, im instead of closing people for abusive fleetnames.. you remove there ability to rename there fleets.

Can you link me to the MH rules and regulations document? (im guessing, there isnt one)
you don't know what the rules are.. but you want to change them anyway?
also re: to your last post, yes there is a set of rules. i got them when i mh'd like 20 years ago or whenever that was (sure feels like that long ago!). and as long as the game has been played it's never been public knowledge. also any mh showing them to you would be breaking the nda. people have argued the same point as you about them not showing the community what the rules are, but if we follow assassin's analogies of comparing the mh to the police, the police don't show the world how they investigate things either. the theory is that if the criminals know what procedures are in place, then it's easier for them to develop ways around them.
the mh's actually do quite a good job most of the time, it's teh cases like this that bring them back to the spotlight with a negative effect. every day there's things they have to do. warn this planet for abusive language, warn that planet for abusive fleetname, monitor a pair of planets with the same ip. for the most part, people who get the mails go 'oops' and change their fleetname. it's the ones who come onto the forums and complain that you hear about the most.

oh and i really do like the idea of removing someone's ability to change fleetnames, i think it would get rid of a ton of headache for both mh's and the community.