View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 13:00   #3
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] Arsenal

I kind of agree with Wenger. While we have been found wanting upfront, thats due to 2 injuries, a suspension, a player who hasn't played properly for years, and Baptista. With Walcott likely to mature and play upfront more often, the return of Bentner, Van Persie getting better and better, Henry moving to a Bergkamp role and Adebyor with the fans behind him from the start of the season I don't think we have a problem upfront.

Midfield wise we have a similar problem to Chelsea in terms of lots of good central midfield players and few wingers. Diaby (left midfield wtf) is apparently replacing Viera, Denilson and Fabregas obviously, Fran Merdia coming through etc. Song can stay at charlton as long as he wants, Gilberto I think will be a squad player next season and Ljungberg can go along with Flamini. I disagree with your views on Hleb and Rosicky though, both have brillaint work rates and always cover their wing back, personally I think Rosicky does it better. Also Clichy helps Rosicky out in the same way Eboue helps Hleb, like chelsea who have no width in midfield (until the second half when they bring on Robben) they use the wing backs to overlap. Rosicky isnt so much a dribbler as Hleb (who was pretty dire over the winter months), but he's not afraid to take a shot from outside the box and he's probably hit the bar more times than the rest of Arsenal combined. I do agree we need a great winger, like Overmars 10 years ago but I think Rosicky does a good enough job anyway.

As concerns the Reyes/Baptista, if Reyes wasn't such a homesick spoilt brat (speaking of brats, Eboue needs to be sorted out), I'd love to see him back for us, either way Baptista can go.

Defensively, I think we're pretty solid, just injuries kept us from having a consistent back 4. Toure hasnt had a great season by his standard, but he's still brilliant, Senderous had a poor season, but has to be given more chances considering last season and the world cup. Gallas should be solid and provide great help to the young ones provided he doesnt get injured, Djourou looks good, and Eboue/Hoyte and Clichy/Traore have the wing backs sorted. With Lehmann likely to play another year we're fine there, but still need a long term replacement.

So what should we be doing?

Well **** off Ribery for a start.

Eto'o I wouldn't mind but how much would he cost and can we realistically get him?

A winger? I couldn't disagree if he got someone top class.

Back to Wenger, he's shown time and time again he knows what he's doing (except for french players) and if he says he doesnt need to buy anyone I support him.