Thread: Support Planets
View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 00:11   #34
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Support Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Im still quite fond of simply drawing up a whitelist of what people *are* allowed to do. Prevents any future things which could be thought up to bend the rules since if it aint on the list - it aint allowed.
simplifies things oh so much.
While this is obviously a great way to prohibit foul play, it would need a whole lot of time and creativity to work out that list, and even then there would be things that should be allowed but weren't there.

A part of the charm of these tick style games, is to work out new ways to play, strategies, techniques etc. If you would take away this, regardless of how long the list was and what was in it, I think it would also discourage a lot of people from playing. If it could be implemented without that major problem - I actually like the idea. I just don't think that it is realistic.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote