View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 00:16   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: How to keep bashed/small/new players interested

I agree with wakey's general assesment, and I don't think adding limits to the game solves anything. The game is a hierachy with a few hard core galaxies being fed by the masses. This was not a big deal when you literally had thousands of galaxys and tens of thousands of players because particular galaxies rarely got picked on, and the little guys mostly played among themselves and so had plenty to play for. Because the game has shrunken so much little guys now get picked on and not helped by big players/allies and as wakey says the solution is not better balance, but a commitment to education and in a fundimental shift in how people play.

Since I generally have a pesimistic opinion about players changing there attitudes, what I am suggesting is that part of what can help the game move forward is another parallel "game" for smaller players. This may be something that has nothing to do with PATeam and is totally between the players. Or if someone has a great suggestion (my first one was pretty lousy, but hey ya gotta start somewhere) the PATeam will choose to integrate it and thereby bring more meaning to smaller players. This is something us players must come up with, so I am challenging US the players to find a way to bring meaning to the smaller players, be it a new edition to the game (like covert ops) or a scoring system as suggested by Envy, or something else entirely. Think about it.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote