View Single Post
Unread 16 Apr 2017, 07:22   #142
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: R71 Prediction, drama, and fun thread.

No they were not together - you seem to have missed the thrust of this whole argument. [and my post you quoted there you seem to refer to the post NAP situation - while I was referring to before p3n got involved]

booji has said here and munkee has said to p3n we would have kept going if Bows (and more particularly App, since as the 60 man tag we expected them to be the eventual winners if we kept on) had not decided to back out. So when I said it was bizarre you had no care about keeping the ant-ult forces together I meant, that you didnt have the awareness that you needed to keep the pressure on ult both because that was the purpose of the block and because by not doing so (and apparently failing to clearly explain your reasons to your allies at the time) you encouraged p3n/ND/CT to give up too.

You clearly had no awareness of a, what was motivating your coalition partners, and b, the pressure they were under and as a result had no perception of the likelihood of their continuing the struggle or not without your participation.

[EDIT] Allow me to explain that last another way: what was this war being fought for? To avoid Ult becoming over-mighty, this is a negative goal - to preserve our long term security. No one had a positive goal - to win for themselves.

With this in mind then consider the actions under discussion.

BowS in the war with Ult to preserve their long term security. However you avoid hitting Ult for several days to ward off Kittenz - to preserve your short term security. You sacrifice the long term goal for the short term.
ND/CT/p3n in a war with ult to preserve their long term security, but perceive they are losing and their position will deteriorate as App and Bows back out, so to preserve their short term security they NAP Ult. They sacrifice the long term goal for the short term.

In the absence of anyone attacking ult positively - with a goal to win - it should be obvious that the anti-ult coalition rested on the very weak foundation that warring ult offered more security than NAPing them. Thus the calculus rests entirely upon the perception that the coalition will actually win - something undermined by members backing out, even temporarily.

Now add in a little history. How many times has p3n fought Ult? I dont know, many times. How many times has it won that war? never!

With that, surely it is easy to see that the anti-ult coalition was very weak and needed careful attention by all the HCs involved to the interests of the other block members and keeping them sweet.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 16 Apr 2017 at 08:45.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote