View Single Post
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 19:06   #65
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: Round XIII Galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Im concerned about how exilees come back into the game in the bottom 20% of the gals (by #)

Whats to stop someone exiling all bar 3 players, putting them in bottom, then getting their mates to exile at same time, effectively creating a private gal.
this was a problem that we addressed, and i think is covered.

example time:
there are 100 galaxies (probably will be more, but i like easy numbers)
this means that at any one time an excilee may end up in one of twenty galaxies
if a galaxy exiles down to three players, they have a 5% chance of getting each exile
if a galaxy exiles down to the bottom 20% of size, they have a 5% chance of getting each exile

ergo, the best 'private gal' you can manage has a 5% chance of working. if gals are average size of 10 this means you want 7 more players, you've got to exile 140 planets to get ones you want, and then trade ownership of them to the right people

imo, this is likely enough to get spotted as to be an acceptible risk, although i guess the 20% could be raised to 30, 40 or 50% if people are actually worried about it

-mist