View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2009, 21:22   #16
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Substract XP for hitting smaller targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The beauty of a well balanced cap formula is that it doesn't restrict choice, like the bash limit does. You can still roid a planet a 20th your size, but if the ROI is too low, people will choose to hit higher up the food chain.
Totally unrelated, really, but worth noting imo is that without a bash limits Ziks will farm ships all round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb
Though not the majority, there were quite a few.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
What you want from reducing capping is that you reduce the Return-On-Investment you get from attacking.
A very good point you make, one that I hadn't thought of yet. And well explained too, ty. ^^

So, correct me if I'm wrong but we're agreeing here that an even heavier value based capping formula would be an improvement to the game? So far I see no real downsides to it, but given the amount of bitching everyone gave at the initial reintroduction of the reduced cap, I'm not quite sure how the rest of the community would react.

(most likely the same as always, "omg this is it i quit!..........." *signs up anyway*)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote