Thread: The backup plan
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2017, 15:08   #11
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road
Re: The backup plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
This set is very familiar to me and the alliance i played in (yes there's a few changes). Logic would dictate that ill be one of the player that would be in-favor of this set. I remember an alliance saw the most viable strat class/es (DE mainly, with 1/3 of ally using CO) for this, the few changes actually made DE better.

I am not in favor of this set to be rehashed, mainly because.
  • We need a fun set for a summer round, to make more players that is planning to skip the round consider playing - traditional defensive set won't achieve this
  • Generally, this game needs to try something new - summer round is a good timing to try something a bit experimental/new
  • On a non-summer round, there are only 2 alliance (the past 6 or so rounds atleast) that can be considered top-tier in running defense in this dying game. Oftenly running a defensive set every round isn't giving other alliance a chance to compete (i know sub-standard ally won't suddenly have a good shot just because of a stat set change - but still a puncher's chance)

I find Kaiba's set interesting, yes it has flaws (most he already addressed though). Maybe stats team can focus / exert energy in solving them.
I agree completely, I'd rather take a risk and try a more unusual set and see how things pan out. Even if some of the ideas don't work, we may identify some positives that can be carried forward to make the game progressively better.

If we are digging up old stats, a rehash from R70 seems awfully recent and risks being a wet fish.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote