View Single Post
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 16:06   #76
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dear zPeti part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So why did you link the other game? the only thing linking the other game showed is that theres still quiet a big market for casual space games.

Its also not just a case of letting people know we are here, its about getting a higher retention rate on new users.. I think i remember mz showing PA statistics that we get a steady number of new users each round, we just cant keep them. We're in a state that Eve is/was and they are heavily trying to rectify it, at one point (im not sure if its still the case), Eve was getting more 'new users' than WoW, the only difference was that the new users were getting bored and quitting giving WoW a much better user retention rate. An additional benefit of the passport system is that it should give a higher (small) user retention rate if its advertised properly and people are given incentives to play the next round.

PA needs to become more casual in order to survive but casual doesnt have to mean completly dumbing down the game. You have multiple ways to do this but the easiest way is to make the game easier or simpler to understand and allow solo play to be viable (Viable as in, not getting absolutly destroyed the second you get roids but allowed to grow), this would mean an overhaul of the scan system, the quest system, the stat system and the income system.

No, my point was simply that the community is resistant to any change, as the changes needed to be made are those which make the game more casual.

Which was my original point, that the community is resistant to change.

but if the changes were permenant?

I dont see why the game should be made casual, why cant we try to attract the "pro gamers" instead. Adding depth to the game doesnt mean u need to make the basics hard to controll. Its just giving something back for the old users u know. Getting them to stick aswell...

What the game owners should do is invest money on coders as the forums for example are full of approved and innovative ideas that just need to get implented.