Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 17:10   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

I am about to finish my masters (hopefully December bar any disasters, sudden onslaught of burnout or lazyness). I will have 2 degrees and no relevant experience. I expect my job search to be quite difficult, and am not too hopeful of landing a job that pays what I want to make (I will still search however). I will be open for work quite unrelated to any of my education. I have to get experience. That requires getting a foot in the door.

I have no skills at this moment that set me a part from any other person with a comparable level of education. Sure I can do web programming (PHP, JavaScript, XML, Mysql, and CSS - at professional levels), but a) those jobs suck and b) those jobs pay nothing and c) I have never worked with anyone in a collaberative environment and have always associated those skills as 'fun'.

It's gonna be rough, and I have a ton of debt, and in the US there really is no 'Dole.' There's unemployment, but you only get it if you've been working and the return is not even enough to pay for rent (it's like $400 max a month in some states, others, less).

My WPM is 77 :/