Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 09:37   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Moments later I hit the redial button. This time success a male voice at the end of the telephone. I did the same thing, explained my situation and with him there was no problems.
I think this is my favourite part of the whole post. It's excellent (mainly because I've had similar difficulties with people recently regarding car insurance in Jersey - 3 different people told me different things until I got a sensible male on the phone who sorted it all for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
However are refusing to sign on because they don't want to sponge off the state and think it harms your employmant chances and appears on something called "Your record" (I thought you could only have a criminal record, but apparently according to a few of my friends theres some magical employment record which keeps track of when your employed/unemployed and claiming benefits, im yet to be won over but you never know...GD please enlighten me on that).
I think there is a record actually - it's not an "employment" record that employers can look up, but it does appear on your credit history when you have to fill out all the places you have lived in the last 5 years etc.

Unless you're planning to get a mortgage in the next 5 years I don't think it'll affect you at all. That was what I was led to believe though - it could be an urban myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
My question to you GD, do you regard signing on as a Shameful act? Would you Sign on? Do you share the same feelings as my friends or do you see it from my perspective?
You'll only be doing it for a couple of months.

It's a "Job Seekers Allowance" - you'll be searching for jobs.

It's a pittance anyway, and you have to prove you're searching for jobs which is actually a real hassle - printing off letters of application and rejection, showing them your CV, going into the job centre once a week. It's probably worth £44 just on that. That's what - 8 hours work in a supermarket?

So no - I think it's fine. I had a job ready for me from university though so haven't been in the same situation. I'd investigate that credit record thing though - it could be true.